The recording of our final podcast. The last official Arcadian Rhythms gathering. A pub quiz that someone failed to record. An excuse for a bunch of 30-something reprobates to gather, drink to excess and talk shit about games.
Think of it as you will: it happened, the evidence has been presented, and now it’s down to you.
- 00:30 – Apologies, explanations and introductions
- 06:50 – Team 1 Question 1 – “It’s a divorce that has been snaking toward a conclusion for over nine months.”Â
- 13:10 – Team 2 Question 1 – “It has been fifteen years in coming, but finally the great wall was broken with this ruling.”
- 18:40 – Team 1 Question 2 – “In reaching into space, this title has earned millions without even being released.”
- 23:05 – Team 2 Question 2 – “This was a catastrophe in the making but no amount of Gabe memes or Fuz Roh Dahs could make it better.”Â
- 32:43 – Team 1 Question 3 – “It was a tragic moment that not even a green mushroom was going toÂ heal.”
- 39:40 – Team 2 Question 3 – “With Yu Suzuki, a big dogbird and every 30-year old’s wet wank fantasy, it’s clear this moment was great for dreamers.”
- 46:50 – Team 1 Question 4 -Â “It was for developers, but now this console is pretty much dead in the water. Also, that controller sucked.”
- 51:23 – Team 2 Question 4 – “For the third time in a row, this game was the top operator in the charts at Christmas.”
- 53:56 – Break
- 54:16 – Round 2 of the quiz: MRA or YouTube comment?
- (We’re a bit drunker at this point,Â so sorry about that. Think of it as an accurate reflection of our bemusement at some of the quotes AJ had dug out of the internet’s finest cesspits.)
- 94:35 – Break
- 94:42 – Matt’s game of 2015
- 97:05 – Claire’sÂ game of 2015
- 100:30 – Dylan’s game of 2015
- 102:42 – Shaun’s game of 2015
- 104:45 – Mike’s game of 2015
- 107:16 – Naomi’s game of 2015
- 110:35 – AJ’s game of 2015
- 113:28 – Closing thoughts
- 118:18 – WTFery
- Kitty Powers: Matchmaker
- Tokyo Jungle
- Snake (Nokia)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Silent Hills
- Star Citizen
- Privateer series
- Wing Commander series
- Punch Out!
- A few other Nintendo games (including… Pikmin 4?)
- Last Guardian
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Life is Strange
- Lego: Star Warsâ€¦ no, wait, Jurassic World?
- Invisible Inc.
- Pillars of Eternity
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Until Dawn
- The Last of Us HD remix
- Everybodyâ€™s Gone to the Rapture
- Gems of War (it ruins lives)
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- Far Cry 2
It’s been awesome, readers. Thanks again. <3
3 responses to “Cast 25: The Final Podcast”
It’s a sad thing in a way, listening to this podcast. It reaffirms the reality of there being no more AR, and by a logical extension no more AR podcasts.
This is ultimately what saddens me, as the AR podcasts have provided me with a huge amount of joy over the years. Whether it was the drunken Skyrim podcast (which brought back thoroughly fond memories of drunken conversations with Shaun and Dylan at the pub gently berating each other about our respective gaming tastes) or the excellent pub quizzes, I feel like I gained a huge amount of insight into the personalities behind the pieces.
More sad still, and forgive me for rolling out the Depressed Trike (rather than my usual Crazy Train tomfoolery), it blocks off a link I regained with some of my dearest friends who kept me sane and entertained during an otherwise difficult time in my life and have continued to do so during the recovery period. It’s never been common for me to wax emotional on a regular basis, but Shaun and Dylan can hopefully take comfort in knowing that their friendship helped me through some of the toughest challenges in my adult life, for which I am eternally grateful.
But I digress. I am pleased to hear from the podcast that you have embraced the positive aspects of this new chapter, and I wish everyone at Arcadian Rhythms every success in whatever the future holds for them. In a sea of gaming blogs, AR always held high esteem in my eyes for the close-knit group of friends that clearly resided within it, and I have no doubt that your friendships will endure to create even more amazing moments.
All the best.
That was really moving to read, Rob. Thank you.
I have no doubt that we will all remain friends, no matter what else happens or what we end up doing with our spare time to fill the Arcadian void.
(Unless it’s murder. That might cause some relationship strain. Victim dependant.)
Thanks for the warm words.
Every time you made a positive comment about Dylan and Shaun on the podcast, I made an extra effort to be less of a douche in the hopes that one day you might add ‘and AJ is okay’ in there somewhere.
Thanks for listening, we have had a lot of fun doing this and it is made even better knowing that there were some people out there listening.