Welcome back to the Arcadian Rhythms podcast and part two of our live reportage fromÂ Rezzed!
- FLUID SEGUE!
- Xenonauts “is awesome”.
- Ignoring Peter Molyneux in favour of Introversion’sÂ Prison Architect.
- Spann reveals all about his favourite pop-up book,Â Tengami.
- “Everything blows up and everything dies”:Â McPixel.
- The Game akaÂ qrth-phyl.
- Catapult for Hire is cute, fun and slightly grating.
- We finally playÂ Proteus and make friends with some birds or something.
- Gunpoint! “You are a man.”
- Skulls of the Shogun is a game we will probably play.
- There are quite a lot of gamepads here for a PC game show.
- AJ is sad about playing indie games.
- Shaun talks about everything for far too long.
- Dylan is frustrated about the limited taxonomy for post-Portal games.
- And finally… all is revealed about Spann’s masturbatory habits!
The podcast can now be subscribed to via iTunes via this link. Exciting! Modern! Fruit! Alternatively you can still listen to it using the player below.
(Apologies if you find that there’s a volume leap between the intro theme and the talking.)
12 responses to “AR Podcast: Rezzed, Part 2”
Oh wow, I did a terrible job of balancing the two pieces of audio. Two years of sound engineer truly were worthless.
I'm also suddenly aware that I sound like some sort of giant Northern child-beast.
I was horrified to discover that I pepper my speech with endless ums and ers. It's not as bad in part 2; I guess I had settled into it by that point.
I forgot to say in the posts: thanks for recording all of this, creating the theme, etc!
The last one was posted the day I got my hair cut, so I'd spent 40 minutes staring at my own face in the mirror. On that day I learned:
One of my eyes doesn't open all the way
The other eye is about an inch higher up on my head than it should be
One ear is three times bigger than the other
I have a bulbous sphere of flesh where my nose should be
I sound like a camp, depressed Alsatian
So that's good.
Dylan, you will always be my favourite camp, depressed sphere of flesh.
The mental imnagery generated by that description is eye opening.
I was sad about playing indie games? Was it when I was pooping on gateways?
I don't remember right now, but it was definitely something I took out of context.
I pooped on Gateways, however it is getting an XBLIG release and would resolve my complaints about wanting a controller:
Also, why doesn't the summary mention Peter Molyneux's genitals?
That was (mostly) in part one, and I didn't want to spoil the reveal! SPOILERS DUDE.
I'm sorry but that awesome masturbation/mother singing comment is going on Twitter right now. The world needs to be told.
You have no idea how happy I was to learn that Spann talks like he writes.